It started out as Arizona Local Week and in just a few short days it grew into something way more! After numerous comments, participants and raves from just the local week I have opened it up to an entire month of supporting small businesses, shops and blogs around the country. I know we are all over the place and we all have unique items that need to be showcased. If I can't find it locally, I would rather buy it from a small business somewhere else rather than going to a big box store. You would too! Join me for Small Business Month!
I run a photography business, an Etsy shop and a blog. Recently, I created an event, called Arizona Local Week, which is scheduled run on my blog July 1st-7th to coincide with AZLocalFirst’s Independents Week (http://localfirstaz.com/independents-week/). These events have been created to spread the word about supporting local and small businesses in the sunny state of Arizona.With all the growth and response I got, I have decided to make this a nationwide event. That lasts an entire month! This is where I want you!
It’s pretty easy to participate, here is what all goes into the process.
1. The nitty gritty information is collected. Don’t worry. It’s super easy and you won’t even have to grab a new cup of coffee for it.
2. We keep you updated on the process, when you will posted and all the fun stuff. In the weeks leading up to the event we will tweet, pin, and like ourselves crazy letting our readers know who’s participating… but only with hints and clues. I kind of want to make them anxious. I guess this is like base of a cake. All the ingredients put together into one.
3. Next, I will write a lovely blog post showcasing you, your shop, your business, your blog, your life… a little bit of everything. I will update you on the date you will be posted closer to the event. It will be shouted across all our social media sites and we think it would be nice for you to do the same thing. But it’s not required, we are all about taking it easy. This is like the base of the cake. This is the yummy stuff, the icing.
4. I will include a review of your item (if you want to be super awesome and send me something to try!) This is like getting a 10-layered chocolate cake. I have never had one but I bet it would be delicious.
5. We will have a giveaway featuring your donated item so all of our readers have a chance to win something amazing from you. We made them drool all over themselves… we should reward them, right? Obviously, this is the sprinkles, the chocolate chips, the little flowers. The fun stuff!
Once you have signed up, I will send you a confirmation email with all the information. Sorry if you get this information twice! If you are filling this out from an email, you will get it twice. :) Sorry ahead of time. I do it for my OCD brain's sake.